In this newsletter…
- Upcoming Events
- The Viper Workshop #1 of 2
- Spring Concert
- Great America Trip
- Orchestra Awards Banquet
- D95 Summer Orchestra
- Prima Musica Performances
- Other Orchestra Opportunities
- Other News!
- May 3) Prima Musica @ Young Author’s Celebration (HS PAC)
- May 11) Viper Workshop #2
- May 11) Prima Music @ Prelude Orchestra Concert (SP)
- May 19) SPRING CONCERT!
- May 21) Great America Trip
- May 25) Awards Banquet @ Concord Banquets
The Viper Workshop #1 of 2
On April 6, The Viper (Dr. Ryan Jerving) joined the orchestras at LZMSN all day in workshops where we began to put together music he had composed. All in all, we had a great time hearing him yodel, learning about “head arranging”, and having to have his jokes explained to us.
The Viper had a good time too! Read his post-workshop message to the orchestra students at lzork.com/../viper-message/.
The Viper will return for a second workshop on Wednesday, May 11 and then, of course, on the concert day – Thursday, May 19.
The final concert of the year is fast approaching on Thursday, May 19 at 7:00 PM. At the concert, students will be performing mostly traditional classical music as well as music from our Composer in Residence, The Viper. It’s always a bittersweet concert as the 8th graders show off all that they have learned in their 3-year experience at LZMSN as they bid us adieu in their final concert.
More details can be found at lzork.com/event/spring-concert.
- Formal Attire: orchestra polo, black slacks/skirts, dress shoes/socks
- Please bring some sort of Treat/Drink for the post-concert reception
- Students arrive at 6:00 PM for a final run-through with The Viper
Great America Trip
We are going to Great America on Saturday, May 21! Why? For no reason other than to have fun! Obviously, the trip is completely optional and will be a great time to simply hang out with our friends in orchestra (and band and choir!).
Please return the Great America Permission Slip 2016 and payment to Mr. Broach by Tuesday, May 3.
Orchestra Awards Banquet
At the end of every year (this year on May 25) students are awarded for their accomplishments at the annual BOC Awards Banquet. The evening begins with a formal dinner, followed by a DJ & dance, and ends in an awards ceremony where all orchestra students (band and choir too) are recognized for their participation in orchestra and select students are awarded for their extraordinary achievements in orchestra.
Please return the following Form and payment to Mr. Broach by Wednesday, May 18.
More information can be found at:
D95 Summer Orchestra
Join Mr. Broach over the summer for some great orchestra classes! Read more about it at lzork.com/event/summer.
Prima Musica Performances
Every year the Prima Musica is invited to perform at a few events. Here are the details:
- May 3 – Young Author’s Celebration @ HS PAC (5:15 – 6:00 PM)
- May 11 – Prelude Orchestra Concert @ SP (6:00 – 6:30 PM)
Other Orchestra Opportunities
- 8th Graders) High School ILMEA Music is available in Google Drive. If you are interested in participating, I’m sure Mr. Penksik will be asking about it at the beginning of the next school year.
- Can’t get enough orchestra? Check out these community youth orchestras:
Let’s see who reads this newsletter all the way to the bottom. Guess what? Mr. Broach and his wife are expecting a baby girl! No other news, just that. 🙂