- This event has passed.
Organization Contest 2018
March 10, 2018
Information Packet from Beach Park MS.
- Sinfonia in D – Johann Christian Bach
- Two Joyous Chorales – Johann Sebastian Bach
- Ancient Aires & Dances – Ottorino Respighi
If you are available to chaperone, let Mr. Broach know asap (email@example.com). Also, we might need a van to follow us with large instruments.
Why do musicians have a dress code for concerts? The goal is to keep the focus on the music and to limit distractions for the audience. If most performers adhere to a dress code and one performer only has brightly colored gym shoes and white socks, it draws unwanted attention away from the music. So, to limit distractions we ask all performers to wear…
- Orchestra Polo
- Black Dress Slacks / Long Skirt
- Black Dress Shoes & Socks (no gym shoes)
Contest Day Schedule (March 10)
- Students eat a healthy lunch at home!
- Bring a snack to eat later.
- Meet at MSN (ARRIVE AT 11:30 AM)
- Load Bus with instruments
- Depart MSN
- Arrive at Contest Site (Beach Park MS @ 40667 N Green Bay Rd, Beach Park)
- Unpack in “homeroom” area
- Tune & practice in “warm-up” room (1:15 PM)
- Perform for judges (1:50 PM)
- Return to “homeroom” area to pack up, wait in cafeteria for scores, students may purchase/eat a snack
- Load Bus (parents that attend may take students home from site)
- Depart Contest Site
- Arrive at MSN (Parent Pick-Up at 3:30 PM)