Solo & Ensemble Contest (2020)
February 22, 2020
Register for Contest
Students, be sure to let Mr. Broach know what you plan to perform. View the sign-up sheet at: solo & ensemble master signup sheet. Let Mr. Broach know if any corrections need to be made by November 26.
Do you want to perform a Solo?
- I strongly recommend you be taking private lessons as I will not be able to work with you as much as if you would be in a small ensemble.
- You will need to “hire” a piano accompanist as all solo pieces must be performed with a piano accompaniment. A list of piano players is available in the orchestra room.
- You can only perform one solo (per instrument).
Do you want to perform in an Ensemble?
- You can perform in as many ensembles as you like, though I recommend focus on one instead of spreading focus over many.
- If you choose like instruments, we will be able to practice during your sectional classes. However, if you choose an ensemble with different instruments you will need to find time outside of normal class time to rehearse.
- Be sure to choose friends that you will be able to get together with to practice. Also, it’s always best to be on similar motivation levels.