Every other year, the Chamber Orchestra travels to participate in a national competition. The students also participate in a clinic with esteemed professors from an esteemed university. Read more at Orchestra Trip General Information.
The total cost of the trip will be $450 per student. This includes hotel stay for two nights, bus transportation to and from St. Louis, all meals, an all day pass to a local theme park, and sight seeing expenses. Your child would not have to take any money along on the trip as everything is paid for. However, some may want to shop for souvenirs and may want to bring some money. The total cost is based on 46 Orchestra members and 3-5 chaperones attending.
- Payment #1 ($100) by November 21 – before Thanksgiving Break
- Checks payable to “CUSD 95”.
- Payment #2 ($150) by February 10
- Payment #3 ($150) by March 3
- Payment #4 ($50) by March 22
- Alternatively, you can pay the entire sum early.
- Students may use money from their orchestra accounts to pay for the trip.
As we do every year, the Orchestras will be selling nuts & candy in the coming weeks. Money raised by students can help offset the costs of the trip. Stay tuned for more information coming soon.
We are looking for some great chaperones to join us on the trip! Let me know if you are willing and able. It’s a great time to see the kids shine!
Performing on stage at the University of Illinois Orchestra Consortium 2016.
The Intermezzo Orchestra (6th grade) will be participating in the University of Illinois Orchestra Consortium held at Niles West High School in Skokie, IL. These students perform for two esteemed professors from the University as well as receive a post-performance rehearsal clinic. Students will be performing three musical selections with the students in the Intermezzo Orchestra from Middle School South. The orchestra will be quite large with over 60-70 members performing!
Field Trip Confirmation / Release Form: please complete Field Trip Release (U of I Clinic) form and return to Mr. Broach by November 8 with $10 for the clinic fee and lunch. Checks written to “CUSD95”.
Concert Attire: black orchestra polos, black slacks/long skirts, dress shoes/socks/hose.
Chaperones Needed: If you are interested in chaperoning, let Mr. Broach know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7:50 AM) Report to Orchestra Room
8:00 AM) Load Busses, Depart MSN
9:00 AM) Arrive at Niles West HS
9:30 AM) Warm-Up, Tune
10:00 AM) Perform
10:30 AM) Clinic
11:00 AM) Load Busses, Depart Niles West HS
11:30 AM) Lunch at Restaurant (tba)
1:15 PM) Return to MSN
Information Packet from Beach Park MS.
- Sinfonia in D – Johann Christian Bach
- Two Joyous Chorales – Johann Sebastian Bach
- Ancient Aires & Dances – Ottorino Respighi
If you are available to chaperone, let Mr. Broach know asap (email@example.com). Also, we might need a van to follow us with large instruments.
Why do musicians have a dress code for concerts? The goal is to keep the focus on the music and to limit distractions for the audience. If most performers adhere to a dress code and one performer only has brightly colored gym shoes and white socks, it draws unwanted attention away from the music. So, to limit distractions we ask all performers to wear…
- Orchestra Polo
- Black Dress Slacks / Long Skirt
- Black Dress Shoes & Socks (no gym shoes)
Contest Day Schedule (March 10)
- Students eat a healthy lunch at home!
- Bring a snack to eat later.
- Meet at MSN (ARRIVE AT 11:30 AM)
- Load Bus with instruments
- Depart MSN
- Arrive at Contest Site (Beach Park MS @ 40667 N Green Bay Rd, Beach Park)
- Unpack in “homeroom” area
- Tune & practice in “warm-up” room (1:15 PM)
- Perform for judges (1:50 PM)
- Return to “homeroom” area to pack up, wait in cafeteria for scores, students may purchase/eat a snack
- Load Bus (parents that attend may take students home from site)
- Depart Contest Site
- Arrive at MSN (Parent Pick-Up at 3:30 PM)
The Intermezzo Orchestra will be taking a performance field trip to the IL ASTA (Illinois American String Teacher Association) Orchestra Festival on Friday, December 6.
Permission Form – If you did not receive the permission form, please complete and return this blank form.
Field Trip Release (Dec 6, 2019) – blank
The schedule will be finalized closer to the date when we receive our performance time. The event will take place during school.
- 8:30 AM – Meet in orchestra room. Pack, load bus.
- 8:45 AM – Depart MSN.
- 9:45 AM – Arrive at MYA Conservatory in Highwood.
- 10:00 AM – Perform followed by a clinic by esteemed Orchestra Educator.
- 11:30 AM – Lunch stop on return trip (The Silo in Lake Bluff).
- 1:00 PM – Arrive at MSN.
- Orchestra Polo – Students will receive this tomorrow (Wednesday).
- Black Pants
- If you can please wear “Dressy” Shoes – I realize it may rain, so gym shoes are acceptable too.
- Parents – Can you join us? We’d love to have 2-4 adults join us on the trip.
- Van for large instruments. It’s always nice to have a parent drive their van behind us to carry the large instruments. If you have a van and can join us, we’d love to have you!
- Pizza & Salad Lunch Provided for Chaperones.