- This event has passed.
NIMCon Music Festival 2020
March 7, 2020
NIMCon Music Fest was formerly known as Organization Contest.
- Information Packet from host school.
- Confirmation Form – please print and return to Mr. Broach to let him know you are good to go!
- Brandenburg Concerto
- Folk Trilogy
If you are available to chaperone, let Mr. Broach know asap (firstname.lastname@example.org). Also, we might need a van to follow us with large instruments.
Why do musicians have a dress code for concerts? The goal is to keep the focus on the music and to limit distractions for the audience. If most performers adhere to a dress code and one performer only has brightly colored gym shoes and white socks, it draws unwanted attention away from the music. So, to limit distractions we ask all performers to wear…
- Orchestra Polo
- Black Dress Slacks / Long Skirt
- Black Dress Shoes & Socks (no gym shoes)
Contest Day Schedule
- Students eat a healthy breakfast at home!
- Bring a snack to eat later? Bring cash for concessions at contest, after our performance.
- Meet at MSN (ARRIVE AT 9:15 AM)
- Load Bus and Van with instruments
- Depart MSN
- Arrive at Contest Site (10:15 AM)
- South MS (400 S Highland Ave, Arlington Heights)
- Orchestra/Choir students (Zach, Ajay, Nell, Sophie) meet us at front or cafeteria. TBD. We will need one of these parents to stay with the four shared orchestra/choir students in between performances.
- Unpack in “homeroom” area
- Tune & practice in “warm-up” room (10:45 AM)
- Perform for judges (11:20 AM)
- Return to “homeroom” area to pack up, wait in cafeteria for scores, students may purchase/eat a snack
- Load Bus (parents that attend may take students home from site)
- Depart Contest Site
- Arrive at MSN (Parent Pick-Up at 1:00 PM)