- This event has passed.
March 11, 2017
Information packet from Hawthorn schools (maps, parking, audience information, etc.).
Auditions to participate in the D95 Sinfonietta Orchestra at Contest will be held on the week of Feb 27 – Mar 3. If you would like to be considered as a member of the D95 Sinfonietta, be sure to let Mr. Broach know, ASAP!
If you are available to chaperone, let Mr. Broach know asap (email@example.com). Also, we might need a van to follow us with large instruments.
Students are required to wear the following:
- Orchestra polo
- Black slacks/skirt
- Black shoes & socks (no gym shoes!)
If a student is not wearing the correct uniform the judges may rate us negatively on Other (Stage Presence).
Contest Day Schedule (March 11)
- Students eat a healthy breakfast at home!
- Meet at MSN (ARRIVE AT 8:00 AM)
- Load Bus with instruments
- Depart MSN
- Arrive at Contest Site (Hawthorn Townline Elementary School @ 810 Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills)
- Unpack in “homeroom” area
- Tune & practice in “warm-up” room (9:15 AM)
- Perform for judges (9:50 AM)
- Return to “homeroom” area to pack up, wait in cafeteria for scores, students may purchase a snack
- Load Bus (parents that attend may take students home from site)
- Depart Contest Site
- Arrive at MSN (11:15 AM)