- This event has passed.
Solo & Ensemble Contest
February 20, 2016
The following contains all of the final information needed for the upcoming Solo & Ensemble Contest on Saturday, February 20, 2016 at Lake Forest County Day School (145 S. Green Bay Rd., Lake Forest). Parents and performers, please read through all of the information together so you both know what to expect on the day of the contest.
- Much More Information on Contest
- Static information that does not change from year to year.
- Student Performance Schedule
- Plan on arriving at least 30-60 prior to your performance time.
- Participation Fee = $6 per performer, per event
- You can get this to Mr. Broach anytime or at the contest.
Directions & Parking
Students may enter the building off of Green Bay Road or from Onwentsia Road. Parking is extremely limited. Please arrive early to allow time to find open parking spaces. Carpooling is also strongly encouraged.
There will be a shuttle service provided for those who cannot find parking on site. If there are no spaces available, please proceed to the Onwentsia Club Golf Course. The Club is just north of LFCDS, and the entrance is also off of Green Bay Road.
There will be two information tables to assist and help visitors find their way around the school. These tables will be located at the Green Bay and Onwentsia entrances. Lost and found items will also be placed at these tables.
The Building / Rooms
- “Little” Gym = String Warm-Up Area (report here first to check in with Mr. Broach, tune, warm-up, get originals, etc.)
- Rooms 21-26 = String Performance Rooms
Rules, Conduct, & Policies
- Official NIMCon Rules Governing Solo & Ensemble Contest
- Each student should have an original copy of the music for the judge. These originals should have measures numbered in pencil. There will not be a photocopy machine available on the day of contest
Conduct & Policies
Please remind students of proper conduct and behavior when visiting host sites. Students should show respect for the building, contest signs, and all content within Lake Forest Country Day School. It is also important that students remain quiet in the hallways outside of performance areas. Instruments should only be played in warm-up and performance rooms. A parent or adult should be with students at all times. All rules and regulations will follow in accordance with the Northern Illinois Music Conference Constitution and By-Laws.
Lake Forest Country Day School is a peanut-free environment. Please do not bring outside food or beverages into the building. Food and beverages are available for purchase in the cafeteria from The Mean Weiner and Once Upon A Bagel (located in Highland Park).
No smoking is permitted in the school building, on school grounds, or in parking lots. Thank you for your cooperation.